Monday, January 2, 2012

HLNB Healthy Living Challenge - Day 1

January 1st  Day 1Yesterday I ate a salad and drank 1/2 quart of my green smoothie, from the Green Smoothie Girl blog.  If you drink the 16 oz. you are getting 7 1/2 servings of your fruit and vegetables. I also drank 100% juices with my meals.

I wrote about the green smoothies last March and attached a video of how to  make them.  You can view it here  (Happy St. Patrick's Day)  to get the recipe if you want to try and get your full vegetable servings in each day. It is an easy way to get your servings in and it really tastes good.   Even though I didn't begin the Healthy Living Challenge until January 2nd, I did walk one mile on January 1st and ate my 7 servings of fruits and vegetables for those who are also a part of the HBBC challenge.  I earned 2 points on Saturday for the walk and 7 servings. In the Healthy Living Challenge, I'm not only tracking the exercises but I'm really going to try to step up the healthy eating.  I hope you will enjoy doing both as well if you are going to participate in the Healthy Living 30 Day Challenge!











      I earned 1 point for getting the 7 servings of fruit and vegetables in the HBBC challenge on January 2nd.


  


     See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "Healthy Living Challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun for you too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...