Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tip of the Week - How to Do Your Own French Braid














    I learned how to do my own French Braid by practicing in the mirror and I had a great step by step book that showed me how to do this braid.  I found this great video that shows step by step how to do a french braid.  If you are learning to do this on your own, practice in front of a mirror so you can see how to position your hands.  If you try practicing on someone else first you'll get the hang of how the braid works.  Some other things I've done with my French Braid are using the extra at the end to tuck underneath the braid and pin it with bobby pins to hold it in place.  You can also do a looser braid for a more romantic looking style.  If you braid your pig tails with a french braid you can achieve a whole new look.  I've been asked by others how to do these braids and this is a great video for learning to do it on your own.


Note: You can turn off my blog music with the mini IPod on the right hand side before viewing this video.














Picture courtesy of Pinterest.








2 comments:

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Love this, I AM SO BAD at french braiding my own hair!

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Glad you enjoyed the post. It took me a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to do and looks great, especially if you are having a bad hair day and want a quick fix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...