Friday, June 8, 2012

Fashion Friday - The Great Gatsby

    Most of us remember reading the book in school and some of us have seen the movie with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.  This December, the remake of The Great Gatsby will be released staring Leonardo DiCaprio, Toby Maguire and Carey Mulligan.  I can't wait to see this movie!  Until then, I thought I'd post pictures of the fashions from the movie.  The story takes place in the roaring 20's, and the style was changing at a fast pace.  Women were wearing shorter dresses for the first time, beautiful scarves and head bands. Their hairstyles were also changing as many women cut their hair short.  Men began wearing athletic clothing for the first time and less formal looking suits.  Here are some pictures from the movie and the era.





































































                                                               Pictures courtesy of Warner Bros.



    I'm linking up with Kori from Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday.  If you have a fashion post click on the button below to add your post to the blog hop.  Happy Fashion Friday!




























4 comments:

Redheaded Daybook said...

gosh i love this style.
so movie hehe.

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Amber,

Isn't the style wonderful? I can't wait to see the movie.

I stopped by your site too for Fashion Friday. I love summer, shorts and my swimsuit.

Happy Fashion Friday!

Michelle

Margarita Bloom said...

Linking up from Blonde Episodes!! That movie looks great! Love the roaring 20s! Have a pampering weekend!

Kisses, Regina!
http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com/
Margarita Bloom Retro Skincare & Beauty

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Regina,

Thanks for stopping by! I just checked out your Fashion Friday post and I love the neon pink gown!

Happy Fashion Friday!
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...