Friday, August 3, 2012

Fashion Friday - Swimsuits

    I saw a post on Facebook from Influenster asking which iconic bathing suits you like best and which ones you would wear. I thought it would be fun to post a few for Fashion Friday.  Which do you like best?  A more modern look or more vintage?  Which would you be more likely to wear?  I really like the vintage look and I think my favorites below are Marilyn Monroe's and Elizabeth Taylor's swimsuits.  I'd wear either one of those.  Check them out and tell us your favorite and which one(s) you'd be more likely to wear.








                                                                  Photo credit:  Getty Images

                                     
                                           Marilyn Monroe wearing a polka dot bikini.






                                                      Photo credit: MGM/courtesy Neal Peters Collection

                                               Elizabeth Taylor's 1950's one piece suit.

                    




                                                               Photo Credit Warner Bros/Photofest

                                            Bo Derek in 1979 wearing a one piece bathing suit.




                                                                     Photo credit: ABC/Photofest

                                             Sally Field as Gidget in a one piece bathing suit.





                                                                     Photo credit: MGM/UA/Photofest

                    Halle Berry as a Bond Girl.  Only a bikini like this would be in a James Bond movie.




                                                        Photo credit: Columbia Pictures/ Photofest


                                             Demi Moore in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.





                                                     Photo credit:  Farrah Fawcett Foundation

  I included the Farrah Fawcett swimsuit because it was so popular back when she was one of Charlie's Angels.




   Hope you enjoyed this week's look at swimsuits both vintage and modern.  No matter what your favorite choice, hope you are enjoying summer and getting to wear your favorite swimsuit. Happy Fashion Friday!


   Today I'm linking up with Kori from Blonde Episodes for the Fashion Friday hop. Click on the button below if you have a fashion post you'd like to add.  Hope to see you there!



























6 comments:

Kori said...

Great post honey! Thanks for linking up! I hope you can read my post and head back and comment! Kori xoxo

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Thanks Kori! Just getting ready to leave you a message. Hope you have a great weekend.

xoxo

Lori said...

Awww I love the Gidget picture! :-)

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Lori,

I agree, I had to put it in the post today because it was so cute. And I have to say Sally Field hasn't changed a bit! She looks so great doesn't she?

The Preppy Student said...

love this post and gidget! I always love these vintage bathing beauties :)

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Preppy Student!

I love the Gidget suit too, I'm also love the vintage swimsuits.

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...