Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update on Green Smoothie

     Today I made the recipe listed from St. Patrick's Day by the Green Smoothie Girl for my husband.  He normally will not eat many greens such as spinach, kale or collard greens.  So I made this smoothie for us both today.  I did tell him in advance what was in the smoothie and he agreed to taste it before telling me he would not drink this one.  Once he tasted it with a spoon, he took a couple more tastes and told me he couldn't even taste any of the vegetables he doesn't like.  So he ended up drinking a glass of his own.  I was glad he was willing to try it because it is likely the only way I will get these great vegetables into his diet.  And once you taste these smoothies you can agree they actually taste quite good.  I used Agave nectar instead of Stevia in my smoothie and I added some orange juice as well.  If anyone was doubtful of the taste of the Green Smoothie, just give it a try, you might be surprised at how good it actually tastes.  And if you can get your family members to eat some of the greens they normally wouldn't, then it's absolutely worth making.  It's loaded with great vitamins and lots of fiber.  This one does not taste like your front lawn, it's delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...