Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today's Featured Product Wen Cleansing Conditioner By Chaz Dean

     I began using Wen Cleansing Conditioner over a year ago.  At first I was very skeptical that you could actually get your hair clean with a conditioner and no shampoo.  But I wanted to try it because these conditioners are made with natural ingredients and do not contain any SLS's (Sodium Laurel Sulfates) or other harsh chemicals that many shampoos and conditioners on the shelves contain.  I was using a baby shampoo before thinking that was better than other shampoos, but if you read the labels, you will see many chemicals listed even on some of the baby shampoos. So I had to try something with natural ingredients to see if it would work.  I had to play with the amounts to use because in the beginning I may have used too many pumps as it seemed to weigh my hair down.  But I've since figured out the exact number of pumps to use and I also thoroughly rinse as my final step.  I was using a combination of the Sweet Almond Mint, Cucumber Aloe and Lavender cleansing conditioners as my hair cleansing routine but recently switched over to using an equal amount of Sweet Almond Mint and Pomegranate.  Pomegranate is a newer "flavor" option and I love this combination of scents.  My hair is a little longer than my shoulders and for my length of hair my routine is listed below.

Sweet Almond Mint and Pomegranate.
  
Step one:  Wet my hair thoroughly for about 1 minute
Step two:  Add 8 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint to the front, top and sides of my hair and work it in then I add 8 more pumps of Pomegranate to the rest of my hair and work it through.
Step three:  I add a little bit of water to help massage it through and I use my shower comb to get the product through to the ends.  I then rinse it for about a minute and add the same amount of Sweet Almond Mint and Pomegranate with the same process only this time I leave it in my hair for about 5 minutes.
 Step four:  I rinse my hair for 2 minutes (you can really feel how soft your hair is when you are rinsing the product out, I've never had my hair feel this smooth using regular shampoos).
Then I style as usual which includes blow drying and sometimes I will use hot rollers, or I will let my hair stay straight after I blow dry.  Either style looks good.   With Wen I don't end up with any dry ends or fly a ways.

    Since I've been using Wen Cleansing Conditioners, I can usually go about 2 to 3 days before having to wash my hair again and it still looks nice.  When I was using regular shampoos I had to wash my hair every day or at least every other day before the style started to come out of my hair. This product has really made a difference in the texture of my hair and I like that my hair feels clean for a long period of time.  The first time I used these conditioners I literally felt the difference while I was rinsing my hair.

Cucumber Aloe, Lavender and Sweet Almond Mint.
     On the Wen website you can see some before and after pictures of different types of hair (and there is an option to see the pictures rotate so you can see the back of their hairstyles as well) so you can see how it would make a difference on your type of hair.  They also list the ingredients and show steps of how to use the product.  I'm happy I made this transition because I like using a natural product that really works.  It made me believe you don't need a bubbly shampoo to get clean, beautiful looking hair.   You can visit the site here:  Wen by Chaz Dean.  I've ordered my conditioners on QVC.com and I've also seen them on Amazon.com as well. And of course you can order them from the Wen website as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...