Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today's Featured Product Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain


    I've been using the Lipsurgence natural matte lip stain by Tarte cosmetics for about a month now and I love this product.  Not only does it make my lips feel smooth, but the colors are long lasting.  They stay on your lips throughout the day.  I do reapply after eating but the color stays on your lips a little more than a regular lipstick after meals.  My Mom tried this same product and she also likes the moisturizing effect on the lips.  They have about 6 shades to choose from, but I think they need more since this is such a wonderful product.  I started out with the color Lucky which is a light pink but since I like a darker color I also used the color Envy which is a dark mauve color.  I found for myself that if I mix the two colors, the result is a pretty, perfect shade of mauve.  My Mom tried the color Exposed which is a lighter nude color and a bit light for her so she thinks a darker color would be good or maybe mixing colors like I did would work best.  I have a picture below with the mixture of Lucky with Envy.
I first apply Envy then add Lucky.


Envy is on the left and Lucky is on the right.



I like this company because they are trying to use natural ingredients that do not contain some of the harmful ingredients other cosmetic companies use. This lip stain does not contain parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium laurly sulfate or any synthetic fragrance. The box that the lip stain comes in states you will receive a 6000% increase in moisture content in your lips after 28 days. I’m not sure if my lips increased moisture by 6000% but it did make them feel much softer especially during these cold winter months. And my Mom agreed that her lips felt more moisturized too. These lip stains are almost like a crayon application that glides on your lips. They don’t have the consistency of other lipsticks and they don’t have the bad taste that some lipsticks do either. They actually have a bit of a minty taste to them which is nice.  

The CEO Maureen Kelly started this company because she too wanted to use cosmetics that were natural and did not contain the bad chemicals that many cosmetics on the market use. The company also uses recycled materials and the materials can often be reused to reduce environmental waste. Their motto is “be green, be smart, be tarte!”

My hope is that they will expand the color choices for this lip stain product. I purchased mine at my local Ulta store and you can also order them on the Tarte website. I’ve also seen them on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

Crocus said...

I want to buy similar color to Envy, so where can I find it? somebody help :(

Healthy Living Natural Beauty - Michelle said...

Hi Cicole,
You can purchase them on the Tarte website and you can also find them a Ulta stores. I know QVC also sells some Tarte lip stains as well. I hope that helps!

Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...