Sunday, September 16, 2012

HLNB Fall Challenge I - Day 15

September 15th Day 15:
Exercise: 
Yesterday I walked 2 miles and worked on my garden.







                 



                              Build a strong core and arms with the suitcase walk.  Here's how you do it.
  • Hold a rather heavy size dumbbell in your right hand, between 15 and 30 pounds. You want to choose a dumbbell weight that will challenge your core, but also allow you to have good form when walking. Hold the hand weight to one side with a straight arm, just like you would hold a suitcase. Keep your shoulders even and your posture square.
  • Walk, carrying your dumbbell at your side, for 100 to 300 feet. If you don't have one long area to walk in, then walk a shorter distance, back and forth, to total the amount of feet you've chosen. Keep your spine straight and your abs engaged as you move with control. Don't swing the dumbbell mindlessly, but keep it at your side.
  • Then bend your knees to put the weight down and pick it up with your left hand. Walk the same distance.
  • Do this exercise once or twice on each side, envisioning the long lines at the airport.




Food:
I ate some strawberry and banana swirl toast, I also ate some homemade salsa, some homemade guacamole, some boiled and salted edamame,  some chicken and drank 100% fruit juices with two meals and water with lemon for dinner.




                                                          Pictures courtesy of Pinterest.





  Items to note:
       See my contact information on the tabs above if you want to send me an email with any questions or suggestions.  With my "HLNB Challenge" I'm logging my daily activities of how I keep moving.  I'm not offering any medical advice or making any guarantees.  This is meant for fun and if you want to follow along I hope it will be fun and encouraging  for you too.  I'm also not logging everything I'm eating, only listing the healthier items. I'm trying to convert my family's food choices to more healthy options and fresh foods selections as well.  On days I'm listing more it means I'm replacing less healthy foods with healthier choices.  This is one of my personal healthy living goals. One day when I look back, I hope to see improvements on my activities and on my eating habits. Thanks for following along in the journey.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...