Monday, January 24, 2011

Facial Cleansers

     I've been looking for facial cleansers that have all natural ingredients.  Recently, I started using "Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser" with orange oil.  My skin is very sensitive and will break out easily so I have to be careful when cleansing my face.  It’s been a little over a month now and my face hasn't broken out.  This cleanser doesn't lather like a regular soap, but my face still feels clean.  The bottle states it is 100% natural and has all the ingredients listed on the back of the bottle.   
     However, I'm still doing research on how to make my own facial cleansers with ingredients at home.  Before I started using the “Burt’s Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser”, I read some information that said if you have skin prone to breakouts you can cleanse your face with honey.  I actually tried this and strangely enough, the very next day my skin broke out with three blemishes.  I'm not sure if that's because my skin was trying to adjust to the new product on my face or if it is a myth that honey can be used to cleanse your skin.  Also, I didn't like that it was so hard to clean off my face. I am still researching what can be used to cleanse your face and not make it break out, dry out or become too oily.  A friend of mine told me you can use green tea once a week on your face and that it is good for sensitive skin.  Last week I found a recipe for a green tea weekly cleanser that uses the tea leaves from the tea bag you used to make your drink and mixes them with some aloe vera gel.  You mix up the two ingredients and spread it on your face then leave it on for about 20 minutes.  It made my skin feel very soft and my face did not break out.  I'm going to try this recipe for a few more weeks and I'll update you with my findings.  I’ve heard that green tea can help detoxify your skin.  If this works, it will be a good natural product that is very inexpensive to use.  I’ll continue my research to see if there are other ways to use green tea on your skin that will work for daily cleansing.  If I find a suitable recipe that works, I will update you on the results.   
    For now, I’ll continue using the “Burt’s Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser” as a daily cleanse since it is working and it is 100% natural.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...